Sunday, August 29, 2010


I had so much exhausting fun. We were not running to win, just to finish. And that we did it!
I ended up having to change my leg to what I think is a much more difficult leg at the last minute, and people I'm talking 24 hours before the run started. No time to really mentally prepare, no time to really think about it at all. I just had to do it. So I ended up running legs 6, 18, and 30. Now what is ironic and just weird about it all is that a year ago I ran Hood to Coast with him, and actually he ran this exact leg.


Funny how things work out. I would never have thought I could run this leg. His leg. It was daunting last year as I watched him run it and I remember thinking, " I could never run this leg."

So it's interesting how the world works and puts you in a place and situation just to show you how strong your really are. How a year later with all the changes in my life, fate would put me in a predicament that only I would be the one able to run this leg. The one leg I did not want to run. The one leg I had dreaded even watching was now my enemy to conquer.
It was almost like God threw me onto a stage and told me to sing and I busted out with a Grammy award winning hit. And as I ran and ran it was like I every step was one further from my divorce and further from my old life. And closer to my new self, my happier life and a more confident running diva:)

And I must say.....huuhumm I ran it well! I did great and I felt great. And I am not even all that sore or tired:)
God does only give you as much as you can handle:) And you can always handle way more than you think.
By the way, there will be a hood to coast documentary in theaters January 11, 2011...watch for it!
More pictures to come:) And yes those people up on the left in are wearing mullet wigs....part of an eighties theme van:)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Lindsey! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went. :) As I did my little 2 mile run with my BFF this weekend at her cabin with HILLS - I nearly DIED. YOU GO GIRL! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Now that's the way to go with the "punches" in life. Good for you. You're getting stronger everyday. Yaba da do. Your outfit is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! It's amazing how God works & how he can make you stronger when you don't even realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!!! I couldn't even imagine running 7 miles let along 3 stretches of 7 miles. You amaze me and you should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't run 3 stretches of 7 miles! I ran 7.6, then 4.1, then 5.4:) Total of 17.1:)

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *