Friday, October 15, 2010

Sick as a dog..

Yep, that's me. I finally did it. I pushed myself too far and now I am paying the price with mandatory down time. I am talking snotty nose, hoarse voice, smokers cough, and a head ache that actually might in the Guinness book of world records as the longest and most stubborn annoyance on earth. As I was feeling so gross and bad I started to think of the saying "sick as a dog." What does that really mean? Who said it first?
Mr. Big Dog is always bringing up these idioms. Which are phrases that do not mean exactly what they say, they have hidden meanings. And now thanks to the Internet (what did we ever do without it?) you can just look up the meaning behind these idioms. Sick as a dog is in reference to how dogs can eat so much that they get sick, and it's been around since the 1500's...can you believe that?!
It's kind of funny how we just say some of these one liners and don't think much about it. You can really google anything and find the meaning or the origin now:)

3 comments:

  1. Your entertaining even when you're sick, Hunny Bunny. Feel better soon!
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember this awful cold/flu bug and take better care of yourself little Pal. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling like yourself again soon...rest up, lots of liquids. { listen to me, telling the nurse! ]

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *