Monday, September 6, 2010

Lotta dog to love




I don't think I have ever really been up close to a Saint Bernard. I don't think I have ever even known someone who owned a dog larger than a lab or golden retriever. But now I do:) And the other day we took our dogs to the river.
I took Hoffa since the vet had recommended swimming to her new workout routine (you can barely see her on my right). The dogs could care less about one another. They were both so mellow together. Jay swam a little bit, but Hoffa would only wade in to her chest. I guess she didn't want to mess up her hair:)
I have to admit I had some idea, or I should say preconceived notion of a Saint Bernard being this huge uncontrollable slobbering horse. (Sorry Jay:( just being honest). That is just what I thought came with having such a huge dog, .....slobber and chaos.
Instead I was pleasantly surprised at his demeanor. He was such a gentle giant. Just a real laid back guy:) The picture is pretty much how he looked most of time.
But in my eyes he is still closer to the size of a horse than a dog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he IS a whole lotta puppy!!! (You know I heart big dogs...) Glad to hear that Hoffa didn't get swimmers tail again....
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *