Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring has sprung but it's still cold

It's much warmer this morning than it has been for my bike rides lately. I am excited to try out my new bike fit and new riding glasses today:) I love REI! I got the glasses for just 15.00 after a 20% off coupon and my dividend credit for shopping there this year for a lot of my other gear and snowboarding stuff.
We are riding 45miles to 50 miles this morning so I am up early to get ready physically, nutritionally, and mentally. Mentally again is the most important but hardest. This is about the time I am trying not to psych myself out and forcing myself from not getting back into bed by washing my sheets right now.
I always feel great when it's done but the getting there is the hardest battle. I do think about people who wish they could be doing what I am doing. I think about how lucky I am to have the physical ability to get on a bike at all. BUT still it is early and cold and overwhelming to think of the distance. That is one reason I invested in my new handing dandy bike computer:) I love knowing how much further I have to go. The same goes for running, I like to know where I am with my distance. It's all mental but I think I ride/run better when I know how much more I have to go.

So think of me pedaling for LLS this am! And I'll be thinking of the hot shower waiting for me when I get home. I have raised 1200.00 of my total 3600. Thanks to all my supporters out there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so tired just thinking of all the working out that you're doing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *