Sunday, January 2, 2011

What's my purpose?


Well I hate to say it but I have not been attending church as often as I should. Life gets busy and for some reason I get off track and don't go for weeks at a time. But today, as usual I felt like the sermon was directed just to me.
It was about how everywhere you look you should see signs as to your purpose in life. The purpose God has for you. It's deliberate and direct and you can only avoid and run from it for so long. After awhile you will be faced with it and you might as well wise up now and be open to it. You are not in control (even though we all like to think we are from time to time....or maybe all the time).
And this really got me thinking. I mean if I look at my life, the past couple of years, and all the signs given to me....I am finally on my path. I am not fighting it, forcing it, and I am okay with whatever happens. Which actually takes this huge weight off of my shoulders.
I'm not saying that just because of this sermon today and me having this realization means it will be easy and I will now sit back and put my feet up. But I am more aware of the lack of stress I need to put on myself about the unknown.
If it happens, it happens. And if it is not to happen I am okay with it.
So my purpose may not be written in bold black and white, but I can say it's not hidden away in the garage either.
We'll see what January brings. I have cast a couple lines out and I am just waiting to see what direction I am supposed to be going now...or should I say what bites:) Time will tell and now I am just patiently waiting.

4 comments:

  1. Whatever it is, I am sure it will be great, Hunny Bunny!
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you found that "bag of patience". It certainly will help with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which ever way your supposed to go in life, I'm sure He will guide your way and give you direction. After my big D I had a somewhat similar episode in church; however, I started crying uncontrollably and had to get up and leave! It's amazing when our A-HA moments come to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, babe! Miss you. Glad you're still writing. Nice to try and keep up with each other this way:))

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *