Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why do I let myself fall off that wagon?

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago.... I did not come from the most athletic family. Sorry mom and dad but it's true. We didn't go on hikes together as a family or really even walks all that often. Yes my parents did get us into skiing/snowboarding and always supported sports like basketball, but really I didn't grow up with this yearning of the NEED to exercise. My sister and I have discussed this in great length and it is a hard habit to gain without it being part of your upbringing.
I look back over the years since college at how hard I have tried to get in shape, find my niche in the workout world, and just be consistent. I have done pilates, hot bikram yoga, spinning class, workout at the gym with girlfriends before work/after work, hiking, snowshoeing, really you name it.
But a couple years ago I bought my first rode bike and started running. First the goal was a 5K , then 10K, and hood to coast. Biking was the goal of commuting to work and just riding to be more active.
So I have completed hood to coast twice. The second time much more prepared and graceful (if you can be graceful running) and with better speed. But each time after the race I slowly stop running consistently and fall off my workout wagon. I fall off and stop pushing myself and slowly lose any kind of endurance I once had. Why? Why? Why? Why do I do this to myself?

But with my Team in Training's "Most Beautiful Bike Ride," I have been riding every weekend. Which this last Sunday Mr. Big Dog joined me for a 25 mile ride (since I couldn't make the sat training with the team). I just love having a partner I can actually do things I love with:) Now I just need to get more focused on my fundraising......any ideas out there?

1 comment:

  1. Well, adding a link in this blog post for where folks can donate would be a great start, hunny bunny!!!!
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *