Thursday, June 2, 2011

Long time no talk

I don't know how it happened but it has been awhile since I last blogged. Life gets so busy sometimes. So I am still here for the record......
I am getting ready for my ride, yes my big 100 mile ride is THIS weekend. I have been training for this since January, thinking about it since last November and talking about it constantly. It is finally here.
I have trained in lots of rain, wind, ice and even hail all thinking about this ride at Lake Tahoe. The veterans on my team all have encouraged and talked about how the weather will be great in Tahoe and the cold weather will be a distant memory.
But this year things are not looking so warm or dry. This year it has been wet and colder everywhere and Tahoe is looking like it will not be anything like it usually is.
My team keeps checking the forecast and it says 53 and rain:(
So today I am packing all my rain gear as well as some warmer weather type of clothes.
I can't believe it is here and I am so ready for it. Even if it is in the rain.
I think it is weird how sometimes I see myself in situations after the fact that have an ironic twist to them. I was in Reno this time last year so see my newest nephew. I had a completely different life. I was miserable, unhappy, unhealthy, and just sad overall little did I realize at the time. And that will be exactly a year ago......and now I am riding 100 miles around Lake Tahoe and beyond. I am the happiest I have ever been, I am healthy, and excited about how much my life has yet to experience.
Ironic how the dates collide....ironic how I am doing something I would have never dreamed I could do. Just ironic......and fabulous all at the same time.

Weird how life does that.....exactly a year and I didn't even realize it until this week.

4 comments:

  1. TIME is a wonderful healer. You've proven that. You sound happy and you look fabulous darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I was just thinking about you. I thought your ride was this weekend! You are going to do great. Enjoy.Every.Second! You are amazing! Be safe! I can't wait to hear how awesome it was, rain or shine!

    Good things happen to good people... it just might take a little bit longer!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year you have had. So many adventures. So many excellent and sometimes hard won changes and growth. You are an inspiration.

    Will be thinking about you as you go on the long ride this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I can't wait to see what all you will do THIS COMING year!
    Your mama

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *