Sunday, June 16, 2013

Such a small word but such a big deal....


/Dad/ 
Noun: One's Father. 
Synonyms: daddy-papa-father-pa-pop-poppa

Really that's all the dictionary really says? Kind of funny that such an important title really only gets a one liner in the dictionary. When I thought about what I wanted in my baby's father it was pretty simple. Unconditional love....check, respect....check, and an overall desire to want to be a dad....check for sure. I make is sound easy but really I just knew when I met Mr. Big Dog he would be great for me and my unborn children. We were on the same page with so many things, likes/interests, and children were definitely one of those things. 

Mr. Big Dog is my perfect other half. He makes me see the other side of things. He picks up where I lack. He is my missing puzzle piece for sure. But there was no way I was prepared for the father he would be, and now IS everyday before my eyes. 
His love is so genuine. His excitement to spent time with Jonah overwhelms the room sometimes. His patients and kindness always constant like the sun rising in the morning. His smile and engaging interaction with our little man really is infectious. 

He is a role model, a playmate, and is ever challenging our son and myself to be our best. Whether it's congratulating Jonah's newest milestone or asking me what the plan is for the week...he is well......he's on our TEAM. He is constantly participating in a childhood for Jonah where memories will be made, laughs shared and the best of him and his qualities will be shared. 
He is an awesome dad.....but he is really so much more, he's Jonah's dad which is just so perfect.  

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there.... I know we had a great day here and I'm sure the years will bring many many more:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *