Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sometimes we are crankiest to the ones we love the most....

Well I think I have had a good day of 100% hormones and just unexplained emotional roller coaster.
It started with having to really face head on that I do not fit into any of my pants anymore. Yes this is due to the creation of life, but still its hard to really wrap my head around. I've said before I wasn't raised in the healthiest family in regards to eating habits and exercise. And I really have had to make a conscious effort over the past 3 years to be active and push myself to probably the best physical shape I have ever been in. Now with all this being said, I have not done a single second of exercise since I read that little extra pink line on the pregnancy test. I think I have gained 10lbs (this seems to depend on the time of day and the scale), I think at least 5 of which is in my chest....but that does not make clothes on top any easier to fit:(
So after 3 outfit changes, I crammed myself into a not so pretty ensemble for an early Easter egg hunt with my nephews:) Only after almost crying twice due to this.
Pregnancy is so much harder on me physically than I would have ever imagined. I have had barely enough energy to get up sometimes and then by 3pm I hit this wall and just want to crawl into bed. And when I do try to push it, and get moving....its amazing how short of breath I already am at 11weeks.
I have moments where I just want to go on a run.....I made it as far as the driveway a couple weeks ago and then just couldn't do it. Just blah with a side of exhaustion:(
And I keep hearing this crack train is going to hit in the 2nd trimester and I will be rearing to go again:) That all this energy will come out of no where...so I am waiting, waiting, waiting:)
I have things to do:)
1. Paint the nursery (don't worry I took before pictures to show)
2. Possibly paint this crib one of my friends gave us
3. Maybe find some other pieces of needed furniture....changing table, dresser
4. oh and catch up on the last 11 weeks of housework I feel like I have not been helping with:) (Thanks hubby:)  )
So today I was not my prettiest physically or emotionally to a couple of the key people in my life:( And I know it is exhaustion mixed with hormones......no one could say anything "right" until about 6 o'clock tonight:) And tomorrow is a new day, new hormones, and hopefully the real Lindsey will be back bright and early. But I know, they will love me though this........because I know they love me the most too.

4 comments:

  1. You look great, and yes, your energy WILL return!!!!We all love you, so just relax.
    Gramma Cupcake
    ps. I thought you had the changing table already? From the guest room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love your new look on the blog page and in real life. I'm sure you hear all kinds of pregnancy advice, but remember no one else is you and no one else is going to feel like you and the new little "puppy". Congratulations and enjoy each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't think you were cranky Saturday. And this too will pass. In another week or two you'll be into some really cute clothes that will fit better. Keep resting every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad no one else got to see the cranky on Saturday :) You know I love you and was just trying to be a good sister. I've been there, I'm there now in fact. Get some more maternity clothes and bring your sexy back! Once you go maternity jeans, you may never go back :)

    ReplyDelete

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *