Monday, November 18, 2013

The last inning of 2013

Life goes in spurts of over busy, overt booked times and then wains to flat periods of boredom. At least for us this seems to be the case. We are either going 80mph or snail crawling. And this month and the next are both redlining starting pretty much this week through January 1st.

Family, work, shopping, pregnancy, you name it and it's in full effect. And sometimes it's really easy to just get caught up in all of it. To look back and realize you participated in something like a milestone birthday and it was already a month ago. Or that it's been  month since you've physically seen your bestie. Maybe it's been a month since you said you would take a break and just slow down...and now here you are still on the roller coaster just trying to hold on even tighter.

It's life. And no matter how organized and preplanned we make it you can't slow it down. And I guess  what I am realizing is sometimes you have to preplan the quiet time. You have to purposeful with doing nothing. With scheduling nothing. You have to plan to just be.

Which is really hard but I am realizing more and more how much my little family needs it to be deliberate.

How fast this time goes by that you have to plan to have that breather to just take it all in.

Call it family night, family day, or maybe it's dinner time. Whatever it is, I want to know I have it when times get so busy so I can look forward to it or just know it's coming.
Just my thoughts as I get on this roller coaster for the next two months.....which by the way I do love:) I love the business and of course the holidays......I just wish there were more hours in the day and more days in the week.....and more of me to do it all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *